Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Reads: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events


**Not a beauty/haul related entry! YAY!!!!!! I'm actually taking a break from those, they're kinda boring, one right after the other..... @__@. Going to write more about ballet & life.**


  A Series of Unfortunate Events is series of children's novels. There's a film base off the books called "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" staring two of my favorite actors; Jim Carrey and Emily Browning. When I watched the movie in theater a couple of years ago I fell in love with the characters, atmosphere, costumes and of course, the storyline. Since then I tried to look up the books around my area. I looked in used book stores, retail stores like Wal-Mart and other places. But no one had the whole series box set. Then I remember that there was a Barnes & Nobles not to far from me. They sell the whole book series, all 13 books all together in the awesome box set. But it was too expensive for me, the price was set at $150. Amazon has it cheaper. Right now I'm saving up for the series, so by the end of July I should own them. Loved the movie and I know I'll love the books. So, this will be my Summer Read for 2012!


   I already own two books that accompany the series, "The Beatrice Letters" & "Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography". I brought both of them in used and new condition online at Amazon. "The Beatrice Letters" cost $1.98 used & "Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography" cost $1.89 new. Both arrived just days ago in perfect condition and are First Edition books at that (which is a plus) :)

  I read that both of these books serves as clues for later on in the series. I already promise myself that I will NOT read these books until I own all 13 books and have gotten far into the series. I just brought these books now because the prices were so inexpensive and they were low in stock. But I did skim the pages just to be sure the book was in great condition and had no missing pages. And I couldn't help myself to noticed some of the pictures in the books. But no spoilers for me, I closed the books immediately.
  But from what I read and what I saw, this is going to be fun to read!

 Some picture of the books....

Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography: Original Dust Jacket (Left) and Reversible Secret Dust Jacket (Right)

Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography: Front Book Cover (Left), Back Book Cover (Right)

The Beatrice Letters: Front Book Cover (Left) and Back Book Cover (Right)
I wonder if this is a clue....lol

Inside. This is a used copy so mine didn't come with the double sided poster :( 

STOP HERE! lol I won't take pics of the inside of this book because I don't want to spoil it for anyone looking to get into this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment