Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Skincare Review: L'Oreal Paris Ideal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser

    The first skincare review of the year goes to L'Oreal Paris Ideal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser. This product is for the reduction of pore sizes, removal of eye makeup and balances you ph levels. And even though it isn't marketed for people with acne, you can still use this since it contains Salicylic Acid. An ingredient great for acne. 



L'Oreal's Pitch:
     Now, your daily cleanser helps you create smoother, brighter, fresher skin. With a skin compatible pH level, this gel cleanser is so gentle that is can be massaged around the eye area, and so efficient that it removes impurities and even eye makeup. With BHA, this cleanser helps enhance skin radiance and smoothness, while complementing your daily Skin Genesis regimen.
    • Daily cellular renewal
    • Contains a natural cleansing agent
    • Respects natural skin moisture balance
    • Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
    • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
    • For all skin types

  Ingredients: Aqua/Water, PEG-8, Lauryl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, P-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Menthol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance.


  As I stated before this cleanser says it will balance your ph levels in your skin. After reading that I wanted to know what is "ph levels" and is it important or just marketing? After researching I found this:


  Our skin is naturally designed to fight against infection and the environment. The pH level of the skin refers to how acidic or alkaline your skin is. On a scale from 1 being the most acidic to 14 being the most alkaline, 7 is considered a neutral reading for your skin’s pH. Our skin has a thin, protective layer on the surface, often referred to as the acid mantle. This acid mantle is made up of sebum (free fatty acids) that is excreted from the skin’s sebaceous glands, which then mixes with Lactic and Amino Acids from sweat to create the ideal pH, which should be slightly acidic at about 5.5. SkinCareRX

  So in a plain & simple way, our ph levels act as a shield against the everyday things our skin comes in contact with. Like pollution and also, helps keeps our body temperature normal. It's an important part of taking care of ourselves.

  About the "Pore Minimizing" claim, I didn't see any difference and it's not a very good eye makeup removal. But I didn't buy it for any of those reasons. I just wanted a cleanser that didn't dry my skin out. The product it self is NOT pink, that's just the color of the bottle. It comes in a gel forum and does latter up but not a lot.
  Anyway, I absolutely LOVE this cleanser. Way more than the Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. Again, this product does not dry out my skin at all! This is my new Holy Grail cleanser! BUT......I am hearing that this is being discontinued to make way for the new L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser. Which looks like the same thing! But I am sad that the perfect cleanser for me may be discontinued. I brought this a few weeks ago at Rite Aid where it was 50% off clearance. I paid $7.99 for the last two bottles they had. 






                         Packaging: Comes in a pink pump plastic bottle.

         Price & Location: I brought at Rite Aid at a clearance sale for $3.99 .

        Effectiveness: Keeps my skin well hydrated, bright and of course clean!

                       Pros: Does not dry out my skin, sting, or burn.

Cons: Might be discontinued. Does not exactly do what it states on the bottle and has a fragrance. But I love it anyway!

Loving it?: Yep! I use this instead of my Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. Has became a staple skincare item.

                                            Final Verdict: 4.5 of 5 Teddy Bears

1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite cleanser also and the only source I've found is Amazon where it's going for $17.50-$21.99/bottle. crazy!

    I haven't tried Youth Code yet but noticed that the Capryloyl Salicylic Acid content is higher than Skin Genesis.

    ReplyDelete