Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Friday, June 24, 2011

What My Dad Taught Me: Money Secrets


   I spend so much time talking about beauty, what I brought, and what skincare products are good that I should talk about money and being young. My dad is a wise, smart man. When he was 18 he started saving money whenever possible. He always saved just incase there was an unannounced bill or some loved one was in troble. My dad is 40 years old and has be saving all his adult life. Because of that he was able to buy a nice home for his new family (a.k.a. my mother and baby me lol) a car and put me through private school. Even though my dad doesn't need to save as much, that he should enjoy his life, he still does. Why? Because my dad said "It's better to be safe than sorry" he has seen some of his high school friends just get by and that to him is not good enough.

   My dad taught my about money at the age of 10 years old. He opened up a bank account when I was 13 years old. I had an allowance of $10.00 per week, $5.00 was put into my account and the other half I could do with as I wish. There were times that I BEGGED my dad to give me just $15.00 for a cute shirt or a CD. It was MY money and I wanted to spend it. But he didn't let me And told me when I'm older I'll understand. Well I am older and I do understand. Because of his discipline I am a smart girl ^^! I buy on sale, I really think about if this is a WANT or a NEED.

    

  My dad is a lover of a TV news show called FRONTLINE, we were watching an episode of babyboomers still living with their aging parents because of debt. After watching that I started saving for my retirement, pension, and emergency saving. You may laugh at that a young girl is worrying about her retirement but look out side your window. The unemployment line gets longer eveyday. I do not want to be part of that and simply am doing the smart thing now that will pay off later. I had a friend who went to the same dance school as I do but couldn't continue because she can not affort school and a baby. I want to start my future off on the right foot. And because of my dad's advice and guidance I am and will continue to do so.

   I hope that you all will be/continue to be smart with money and I wish you the best with your furture =)

                      In the words of my dad "Do it early and NEVER rely on the goverment".

No comments:

Post a Comment