Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Read: The Lovely Bones

  I love to read. But the way I choose the books I read is kinda weird. I love to watch movies and when I really like a movie I'll try to find the book it's based on. Usually people read books then go watch the movie. I do it backwards. I like to read one book for the summer. I hate to rush a good book. A book deserve to be read slowly and savor every moment. I think the reason why I watch movies first then read the books last is bacuse in the movie, the characters have a face. Like, I know what they look like. So when I read the book I have a picture of the character in my head.

   This summer I'm going to finsh my book "The Lovely Bones". I've seen the movie over and over and loved it each time. I recommend that you watch in too. I've already started reading it some months ago but somehow just stop reading it. I didn't get very far, I think I'm on the second chapter. I want to read a chapter a day. So by the end of summer break I'll be finsh and write a review.

  A quote from the book....
  "These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence: the connections — sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent — that happened after I was gone. And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it. The events my death brought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future. The price of what I came to see as this miraculous lifeless body had been my life."
`Lovely Bones

  I think everyone should pick a book that will last all through out summer, stick to it and read it. Books can really take you places.


No comments:

Post a Comment