Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Memoirs of a Geisha

  Today I decided to stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet in my apartment. I layed on my bed with my  drink of water on my night stand and picked up one of my favorite books to read. I bet you are all wondering " what is the title of this book?" Well the novel I'm talking about is "Memoirs of a Geisha" by the wonderful Arthur Golden. Here is the original cover of this beautiful book.

   This breath taking novel is of the fiction literature and is a must for all book loving folks (like me!) Many people may have heard of Memoirs of a Geisha but only from the film. The film is very lovely but it's nothing compare to the novel its self. You see, in the novel it cover so much more than what the film showed. The novel talks about the main character when she was still living in her village compare to the film, where it shows about half a mintue of her village then it goes right to her training to become a geisha. But the novel gives so much detail that you just can't get from the film. To really understand the film you need to read the book and see for yourself why it's so darn good. This is a picture from the film.....


   I fell in love with the film when I first saw it on the big screen. It was so beautiful that I was mesmerized. I went to see the film with my friends at a theater in Boston. Anyway, since my friends all read the book they were thinking that the film will be crappy. Seconds into the film we were all pulled in, I myself think that I only blinked five times in the whole film so I was not to miss a second of it. At the end of the film I started to cry but I felt happy inside knowing SPOILERS! (highlight to see) that the main character founded what she was looking for.  Here are some eye candy from the film.....



   The next day I went to a Goodwill store to donate some old shoes, clothes and sheets I no longer needed. The store had a book selection and because I love books I had to see what they had. I looked on the bottom shelf and saw "Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden" it was $ 1.50 so I brought it. I read the book five times already and each time I read it I can never put it down. The book is really amazing and I recommend it to all. This is a 5 star novel and should be treated as one. So please stop by your local bookstore, library, or goodwill store and pick up a copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment