Temporary Music

tumblr_ljkan4Lg621qiyaico1_500
DISCLAIMER: All the products that are shown on here I buy with my OWN my money. Unless stated otherwise, an example: like when I am sent free samples. I am NOT paid to write anything here. I will not show products that are not in my Budget. All the products that I use/buy can be found in places like "Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, Rite Aid, trusted online shop, and etc...". I shop for quality products at affordable prices.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Skincare Review: Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream


   Want soft, smooth hands in even the harshest of cold weather in just seconds? Then you may want to try Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. This small but very powerful bottle contains the secret to treat dry, cracked, chapped hands. Just a small amount of product in the morning can deeply hydrate your skin up to 6 hours. And with constant daily uses keeps hands soft, smooth and improves your skin's appearance greatly.



Neutrogena's Pitch:
   "It started with Norwegian fisherman.  Faced with some of the harshest , coldest weather on earth, they used a formula that delivers concentrated levels of glycerin to dry, chapped skin providing immediate and lasting relief.  Five years of independent clinical testing confirmed what the fishermen knew all along - Norwegian Formula® Hand Cream consistently outperformed other products.  Today, the Norwegian Formula product line includes a variety of body, hand and foot moisturizers to meet your individual dry skin needs."
    
    "It is so concentrated that only a small amount instantly leaves even dry, cracked hands noticeably softer and smoother after just one application.  Used daily, it helps prevent dry, chapped skin; used overnight, it heals dry skin - even under the harshest of conditions."


    "Just a little goes a long way.  This 2 oz tube contains over 200 applications."


Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream Ingredients:
  
   Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, and Sodium Sulfate.


   I've been using this product for about three years. When I was living in Boston, my hands would get so dry because of all the cold weather and harsh winds whipping about. Gloves did no justice so I pick up this now staple productand been using it since. The look & feel of it is a lot like Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline. It's fragrance free which is great since I'm not a big fan of perfume scents. Remember, you have to use a small amount because if you use too much it will leave your skin with a very greasy feel. 
    The high level of Glycerin, a moisturizer ingredient (notice it's listed second in the list of ingredients, means it has a lot of that one ingredient) is one of the key ingredients as to why this stuff is so great. One bottle can last me years (and has!) since I only use it in the winter months. I'll be staying in my hometown, Boston over the holidays and this is coming with me. And I'm still on my first bottle!


    No cons about this product. It's cheap, commonly found and very effective. Brought this at Walgreen's when it was on sale for $3.99 but you should have no problem finding it less than $5.99. 

Packaging: Comes in a face down white plastic tube.

                                       Price & Location: I brought at Walgreen's for $3.99 .

Effectiveness: Keeps my hands soft and smooth while being exposed to cold, harsh weather.

                                               Pros: Does exactly what it states on the bottle.

                                                            Cons: Not a single one!

Loving it?: Yep! I use this mostly in the winter months. Has become a staple skincare item.

Final Verdict: 5 of 5 Teddy Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment